Best Laptop Under 1000 dollars that you can buy!
Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752CU – I am really impressed by this laptop who doesn’t even reaches $600 so I cannot think of a better and qualitative way for starting this article on the best laptop under 1000.
- 13.3 inches LED screen, a resolution of 1366 x 768 (HD not full HD), and a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Intel Ivy Bridge dual-core i3-3217U CPU with 1.8GHz clockspeed, and 3MB cache.
- Intel HD 4000 Graphics which supports 3D applications and DirectX 11 games (the recently released ones can be played on this device).
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM.
- 500GB HDD and the surprise is offered by the additional space of 32GB SDD which speeds really well the overall performances, especially under heavy workload. Don’t be afraid to use the Lenovo IdeaPad U310 43752CU on an intense basis as it will not fail you down.
- The 2 USB 3.0 ports are definitely a great addition to the 1 USB 2.0 port because the USB 3.0 is definitely the mode to be used when desiring fast data transfer. Plus 1 HDMI connector.
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- Built-in stereo speakers, Dolby audio system.
- 6 hours on the Lithium ion battery, which sound really great to me and I hope to readers as well.
- 3.7 pounds, approx. 1.7kg, weight – really light. It just makes you grab it and go on a beautiful trip.
- And 2 year warranty. Check Price at Amazon
Acer Aspire TimelineX AS1830T-68U118 – this is definitely a tiny laptop, more of an Ultrabook or netbook but don’t let the size confuse you when choosing this model as the best laptop under 1000. This Acer product should definitely be on the list since it’s priced around the $600 price tag. And even though it has a plastic body, which might not come as stylish, it’s extremely durable.
- 11.6-inch LED-backlit 1366 x 768 resolution, which is perfect taking into consideration this laptop’s smaller size.
- Intel dual-core i7-680UM with 4M Cache, 1.46GHz clockspeed, and up to 2.53GHz on Turbo Boost. This CPU will deliver great performances under workload, free of errors.
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz.
- Intel HD Graphics, which even brings 3D renderings and supports DirectX 10 games. Travel light and play your favorite games for passing the time or do some graphic editing work at home.
- 500GB HDD 5400 RPM.
- Multi-gesture touchpad great for prolonged web browsing: zoom in and out, flipping through pages, photos or spreadsheets, and scroll.
- Unfortunately, the Acer Aspire TimelineX AS1830T-68U118 has one disappointment as a device included on this top regarding the best laptop under 1000: it features only USB 2.0 ports, no USB 3.0 mode.
- 1 HDMI port.
- Built-in Bluetooth.
- Strong battery life, up to 8 hours.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system.
- This ultrabook weighs only 3.1 pounds, which is less than 1.5kg.
- And Acer offers 1 year warranty. Check Price at Amazon
Sony VAIO E Series SVE14118FXB this model should receive nothing but praise because it comes at a price under $700 so this is one criterion for including it on the best laptop under 1000 top. But most importantly, this Sony VAIO E Series SVE14118FXB is beautiful in design and in performances. One of my favorites and I’m truly glad that Sony is bringing quality for medium-budget buyers.
- 14-Inch LED-backlit display, 1366 x 768 (720p) resolution.
- Intel dual-core i5-2450M CPU, clock speed 2.5 GHz, and 3 MB cache. On Turbo Boost it reaches as much as 2.8 GHz (on both cores) and 3.1 GHz (when only 1 core is active). This is definitely one fast processor.
- A really surprising 8 GB DDR3 RAM, especially for the price range in which the Sony VAIO E Series SVE14118FXB is situated. Definitely no need for any upgrades in the case of this model as one of the best laptop under 1000.
- Intel HD Graphics 3000, which I have to admit that it’s not the best graphics card but it supports DirectX 11 games and it offers great quality so it’s more than perfect for this price range. Photo editing activities can be approached while handling this E series.
- 750GB storage space at 5400RPM.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- 5.3 pounds (2.4kg) which is appropriate for a 14 inches display laptop.
- Backlit keyboard (VAIO, ASSIST and WEB are the special buttons included) and large touchpad for comfort and rapidity in handling web browsing and other applications.
- 8x multi-format CD/DVD drive.
- HDMI output and 1 USB 3.0 port.
- 1-year warranty.
- And pre-installed Sony Imagination Studio as a bonus, which includes: Vegas (HD movies producing), ACID (audio recording), Sound Forge (recording and audio editing), and DVD Architect (DVDs and Blu-ray Discs producing).
Dell Inspiron i17R-1316BLU comes at a price under $800 and as readers will notice, after reading the technical specifications, this device surely offers a lot as a best laptop under 1000.
- 17. 3 inches Truelife display at HD+ 1366×768 resolution.
- 3rd generation dual-core Ivy Bridge Intel i5 3210M with clock speed of 2.50GHz and 3.1 GHz on Turbo Boost, 3 MB cache, PCI Express 3.0, and a new feature: 3D transistors for increased efficiency.
- 6 GB DDR3 RAM.
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 offers DirectX 11 support for offering users the possibility of playing the latest released games and provides 3D functionality.
- An impressive storage space: 1TB hard drive 5400 RPM (7200 RPM would have been even more impressive).
- 1 USB 3.0 port for fast speed during transfers, 3 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 HDMI port.
- 8x DVD+R optical drive.
- Genuine Windows 8 (64-bit) operating system.
- Blasting WiFi connection.
- 5 hours on battery life so you can transform Dell Inspiron i15R-1316BLU into your best friends while travelling.
- 7 pounds weight (3.2kg).
Best Laptop Under 1000 – $800 – $1000 Price Range
Acer TimelineU M5-481TG-6814 – after digging a little for more pertinent reviews I discovered that the WiFi card is not living up to the expectations. But frankly this is the only disadvantage, the only component that slightly disappoints. Skipping that little inconvenience, this laptop works brilliantly no matter how many applications you are using simultaneously, you can seriously work this ultrabook without experiencing lags or technical interruptions from your work. The technical specifications for the Acer TimelineU M5-481TG-6814 as one of the best laptop under 1000 are:
- 14 inches HD LED-backlit display at a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and 16:9 aspect ratio. If it would have been full HD it would have been more than perfect. If you are looking for a full HD display incorporated into a gaming laptop under the price tag of $1000, you can find some alternatives here.
- 3rd generation Intel i5-3317U CPU based on Ivy Bridge technology, 1.7GHz clock speed with maximum 2.6GHz on Turbo Boost, 2 cores, and 3MB L3 Cache so overall I’m really pleased about these spectrums. It also features the Intel Anti-Theft Technology.
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM plus a RAM slot for upgrades.
- Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE 1GB GDDR5 video memory. This graphics card is more appropriate for DirectX 10 games, on these it works brilliantly, stunning graphics performance. So this Acer can also be bought as a hardcore gaming laptop with the condition that you get a cooler.
- 500GB HDD 5400 RPM (rotation speed) and an additional 20GB SSD so you won’t have to go through the trouble of acquiring a Solid State Drive. The SSD is extremely important because it boosts the performance of the CPU so multitasking is possible without any errors.
- 1.3MP Webcam incorporated.
- Dolby audio system – you can be sure that the sound quality will be amazing also thanks to the two built-in stereo speakers.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports so the data transfer speed when connecting an external hard drive or flash drive USB 3.0 will be definitely more than OK.
- 1 HDMI port.
- Up to 8 hours on battery so the Acer TimelineU can be the perfect device for travelling fully entertainment or for catching up with some projects.
- 3-cell Lithium polymer, which means that you can charge the battery whenever you want without the fear of ruining it. With this best laptop under 1000 you don’t have to wait for it to be discharged in order to charge it again. This is a massive advantage when you are always on the go.
- Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, which allows it for full use of the RAM memory.
- CD drive.
- Backlit keyboard, very comfortable for working on the dark or playing some games.
- 4.3 pounds (almost to 2kg) weight so once again it’s perfect for light travelling.
- 1 year warranty. Check Price at Amazon
Best Laptop Under 1000 – Apple MacBook
- 11.6 inches LED-backlit display, 720p resolution (1366 x 768).
- 3rd generation Intel dual-core i5 Processor, 1.7GHz clock speed, 2.6 GHz on Turbo Boost, and 3 MB cache.
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz and users can add another 4GB if they are not completely satisfied.
- It only offers a storage space of only 64GB HDD but the surprise is that it also incorporates 64GB SSD so this best laptop under 1000 (very close to this limited price range) will work brilliantly no matter how many soliciting applications you open.
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 so this is the third model that includes this graphics card, Lenovo and Dell are the other two.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 Thunderbolt port that also supports DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA connections.
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion operating system.
- 5 hours life on battery and up to 30 days on standby.
- 2.4 pounds (not even 1.1kg) so definitely the lightest model on this list.
- Built-in stereo speakers.
- And 1 year warranty that can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan. Check Price at Amazon
Whether buyers choose the Apple MacBook Air MD223LL/A as their best laptop under 1000 or any of the above other 5 models, they will end up having great devices that function perfectly under workload, music and movies streaming, graphic editing activities, and even games playing is perfectly possible.