Best Graphics Card Under 100 dollars-What to Look For?
There are a lot to be taken into consideration when choosing the best graphics card under 100. The first and the most important step is to check compatibility with your motherboard chipset. Some motherboards will only support first generation GPUs and PCIE2.0 or 2.1 might not work. Even though PCIE2.0 and 3.0 are backwards compatible, the motherboard might simply not recognize the video card.
The simplest way to know if there is compatibility is to contact the motherboard’s manufacturer. The second aspect is to check the PSU (power supply) requirements, the delivered watts (W). With these in mind let’s see some models.
Best Graphics Card Under 100 – Top 5 GPUs
XFX HD-667X-CNF3 Radeon HD 6670 – is the most affordable best graphics card under 100 PCI Express 2.1 x16 and at the same time it also doesn’t require such a lot of power, around 400W PSU. So if you are looking to upgrade your GPU but don’t have such a strong CPU, a lot of power under the hood, then the XFX HD-667X-CNF3 Radeon HD 6670 might just do it for you at an incredible price. It has:
- 800 MHz clock speed for the GPU and 1300 MHz for the RAM.
- 2GB 128-bit DDR3 RAM so even though it’s not GDDR5 there are 2GB of memory.
- 2560 x 1600 maximum resolution.
- HDMI, VGA, and DVI connectors.
- It supports DirectX 11 games, AMD EyeSpeed visual acceleration that allows you to speed running multiple applications, and AMD Eyefinity for display output on up to 3 monitors.
- 10.8 inches length so it should fit any chassis. Check Price at Amazon
ASUS EAH6670 – great price great little device for a best graphics card under 100. Don’t worry about upgrading the PSU because it can run on as low as 350W. You can even play Battlefield 3 (which is literally one of the most demanding DirectX 11 games) at 1080p on medium to settings, especially if you have a more powerful Processor and PSU around 500W.
- This is no card for hardcore gamers but in all other respects – editing, HD and even 3D stunning movies, and games like Counter Strike, Skyrim, Crysis 1, Crysis 1, World of Warcraft, and Team Fortress 2 it’s just excellent.
- 810Mhz on GPU PCI Express 2.1 x16 and 4GHz memory clock.
- 2560×1600 max resolution.
- 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 RAM.
- It supports DirectX 11, CrossfireX and incorporates AMD Eyefinity technology.
- The ASUS EAH6670 also comes with Super Alloy Power, which will give your desktop up to 15% boost in performances and 35°C cooler operation.
- Dust-Proof Fan, which increases the lifespan with up to 25%.
- HMDI, DisplayPort, and DVI connectors.
- 12 inches length. Check Price at Amazon
HIS Radeon HD 6670 – besides having such an amazing price tag, this HIS HD 6670 it’s also incredibly silent and not at all demanding, it can run even on as little as 300W PSU. It’s an excellent best graphics card under 100 for editing activities, casual games playing, and intense movie watching.
- 800 MHz core speed for the HIS Radeon HD 6670 and 4000 MHz for the RAM. It can be easily overclocked for up to 1150Mhz.
- PCI Express 2.1 x16 video card.
- 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 video memory.
- AMD App Acceleration capabilities for multitasking at a greater speed. So get ready to keep up with the HIS Radeon HD 6670.
- Enhanced Unified Video Decoder for users to be able to watch brilliantly Blu-ray and movies that go beyond 1080p resolution, without hearing a noise from this GPU. And to that I should add the supported AMD HD3D Technology. So now if you have the equipment (3D monitor), get ready to enjoy 3D games &∓ movies, even on up to 3 monitors simultaneously with the Eyefinity technology.
- DirectXR 11, OpenGL 4.1, OpenCL, and EyeDefinition Graphics are the technologies addressed to gamers.
- DisplayPort, DVI, and HDMI outputs.
- 7 inches length. Check Price at Amazon
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 it will perfectly run on as low as 250W PSU without making a noise. It’s an every-day best graphics card under 100 that incorporates brilliant technologies for making it wonderful for editing, movies, games, and multitasking.
- This is a 3rd generation GPU and works wonderfully for those who are on a budget. It will easily run games like Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Batman: Arkham City, and Civilization V. Battlefield 3 and DiRT 3 are playable on lowered settings, unless you overclock it.
- 800MHz core clock speed and 4500MHz for the RAM.
- PCI Express 3.0.
- 128-bit 1GB GDDR5 memory.
- GCN optimised graphics processing architecture that not only handles efficiently the available hardware resources but also improves DirectX 11 performances (games run faster), and it enables the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 to run on such low PSU/power. This is the reason for which this card is the least demanding compared to the other 4 models presented in this article.
- Other supported technologies are: AMD CrossfireX, AMD Eyefinity, AMD HD3D for 3D applications, AMD HD Media Accelerator and APP Acceleration.
- DVI, HDMI with 3D, and DisplayPort connectors.
- 9.2 inches length. Check Price at Amazon
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti – this list on the best graphics card under 100 couldn’t possibly end without a model from Nvidia. Nvidia models tend to be a little faster than AMD ones however they also require a lot more power.
- 900MHz on GPU and 4100MHz on RAM so as I said the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti is the fastest model from this list.
- Games like Diablo III, Starcraft 2, Portal 2, C&C 3, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Dirt 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black Ops will work just great.
- PCI Express 2.0 x16.
- 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 video memory.
- SLI Ready for multi-GPUs. It also supports 3D Vision, CUDA, PhysX, and DirectX 11 technologies.
- DVI-I, HDMI (gold plated), and D-Sub connectors.
- 13 inches length. Check Price at Amazon
The minimum recommended PSU is 400W with a 6-pin external connector. If you have a powerful PSU then you can go with this GTX 550 Ti because it’s silent, delivers smooth graphics on mostly any game, any application and movies whether 3D or Blu Ray. Nevertheless, any of the above models is suited for the title of the best graphics card under 100 and if you want some above $100 alternatives check this post.