Best Asus Gaming Laptop High-End High-Priced Technology
It’s quite difficult choosing one single model as the best Asus gaming laptop since there are so many amazing models dedicated especially to gamers. But that doesn’t stop these devices from delivering high-end entertainment possibilities and multitasking brilliant performances. I will thoroughly select a few models and then let you decide which one will best serve your needs.
When it comes to the Asus models the problem isn’t that they don’t have the necessary technical specifications for allowing you to enjoy the latest games on high and ultra-high settings. The problem is with the price tag. If you want the best gaming laptop under 1000 then I suggest you go here. If you are willing to spend anywhere between $1,000 and $2,000 and possibly even more then read further and enjoy some great products.
Best Asus Gaming Laptop $1,000 – $1,500 Price Range
ASUS Republic of Gamers G55VW-DH71 – this is the most affordable model from this list but the power, the performances, the technical specifications are amazing and I cannot find any cons for the ASUS G55VW-DH71:
- 15.6 inches LED display, full HD resolution 1080p.
- 3rd generation Ivy Bridge Quad-Core i7-3610M Processor, 2.3GHz clockspeed, by overclocking with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 you will get as much as 3.3GHz, 6MB L3 cache, and incorporates 3D technology.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, upgradeable up to 16GB.
- Nvidia GTX 660M graphics card with 128-bit 2GB GDDR5 video memory, 384 CUDA cores, DirectX 11.1 and Shader 5.0 games supported, streaming on up to 4 displays simultaneously, 835MHz on GPU and 2000MHz on memory, 3D Vision and 3DTV Play incorporated technologies. This graphics card will be able to play the majority of latest released games on ultra-high settings 1080p resolution. More demanding games like Crysis 2 or Metro 2033 will require some tweaks in graphical settings without affecting the gaming experience. Check price at Amazon
- Besides great graphics power, you need good sound to accompany it. The G55VW-DH71 surely delivers that through: THX and EAX 5.0 for 3D gaming sound, incorporated subwoofer for deep bass, and SonicMaster technology speakers for delivering realistic and perfected audio quality. So this is a complete 2.1 channel system.
- 500GB storage space Serial ATA-300 7200RPM. If Asus didn’t include a SSD into the G55VW-DH71 then you should do that, the space is there.
- Comes delivered with Windows 8 64-bit operating system.
- 8.4 pounds (3.8kg) weight, including the battery, so it’s not extremely portable but taking into consideration what great components had to be fitted, I don’t think everyone expected a lightweight gaming portable device.
- DL DVD±RW/CD-RW optical drive, backlit keyboard with number pad and ergonomic tilt design, satisfactory cooling system represented by 2 venting fans, 2MP camera, 8-cell Lithium Ion battery.
- Connectors: 4 USB 3.0 ports, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, Bluetooth 4.0, 3-in-1 card reader, headphone and microphone jacks, 1 Ethernet port, and built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
- 1 year warranty and 1 year accidental damage protection.
ASUS G55VW-DS71 – the major notable difference between this G55VW-DS71 as a best Asus gaming laptop and the above model is the number of RAM incorporated. This model comes with 12GB while the above packed only 8GB. The operating system is the 2nd difference: Windows 7 64-bit for this current model from ASUS. Check Price at Amazon
Furthermore, this G55VW-DS71 features 750GB HDD but again no SSD so you will have to install one if you want to. The rest of the features and technical specifications are identical to the G55VW-DH71.
Best Asus Gaming Laptop $1,500 – $2,000 Price Range
ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW-AS71 – as this article goes on, the list for the best Asus gaming laptop gets better and better. Even if you choose this model G75VW-AS71 or any other Asus product from the list, you gaming expectancies will be fully fulfilled.
- A 17.3 inches LED display 1080p Full HD resolution. This is definitely one of the best ways to enjoy games in a great style.
- The same amazing Processor as in the above models, top performances with the i7-3610QM.
- 16GB DDR3 RAM 1,600MHz.
- The same amazing Nvidia GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 graphics card so you can read its capabilities just a few rows above.
- 750GB HDD 7200RPM. Again no SSD incorporated but there is space to add one by yourself.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS.
- 4 USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, VGA outputs, Bluetooth 4.0, microphone and headphone jacks, 1 Ethernet port, incorporate Wi-Fi, 3-in-1 card reader.
- Built-in subwoofer and speakers SonicMaster technology, a complete 2.1 system already incorporated in the ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW-AS71 for better immersing into games.
- Backlit keyboard with 10-key number pad, 2 fans for great cooling system that will allow you to overclock the CPU and GPU. Check Price at Amazon
- It’s, as expected, a little heavy – 8.7 pounds (3.94kg).
- 1 year warranty and 1 year accidental damage protection.
ASUS G75VW-DS73-3D – this laptop is definitely an impressive machinery in every sense. It’s one of the best and most affordable 3D laptops, and full equipped for any game. I will declare that this is the best Asus gaming laptop because it’s more price appropriated to most gamers’ budget, who also want the 3D function, and because it’s nearly perfect. However, I will present a more expensive alternative and let you decide if it’s truly worth it. If you don’t want a 3D laptop then choose from the above cheaper alternatives.
- 17.3 inches LED 3D display Full HD 1080p resolution. Those who want to watch 3D movies and are passionate about 3D games have just found the device on which to do that.
- The same i7-3610QM CPU.
- 12GB DDR3 RAM 1,600 MHz, upgradable.
- This time, there is a different GPU, a slightly improved one – Nvidia GTX 670M. This graphics card has 192-bit 3GB GDDR5 video memory, 336 cores, 598MHz on GPU, 1500MHz memory speed, 40nm technology, DirectX 11, Shader 5.0, 3D Vision, CUDA, OpenCL, and DirectCompute 2.1 support. This is a high-end graphics card in a high-end best Asus gaming laptop.
- The ASUS G75VW-DS73-3D brings a massive improvement in respect to internal storage space: 1.5TB 7200 RPM. And once again, if you want an SSD you will have to acquire one and install it.
- Blu-ray-enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW optical drive.
- OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
- 1 audio port, HDMI and VGA outputs, 4 USB 3.0 ports, mic and headphone jacks, 1 Ethernet port, Bluetooth 4.0, 3-in-1 card reader, and 802.11bgn wireless. Check Price at Amazon
- Weighs 8.7 pounds (3.94kg).
- 1 year warranty and accidental damage protection for the same period.
Best Asus Gaming Laptop Over $2,000
- 17.3 inches LED display Full HD.
- Same powerful Quad-Core i7-3610QM Processor.
- 16GB SO-DIMM DDR3 RAM 1,600MHz. No upgrade it’s possible.
- Nvidia GTX 670M graphics card, the same as in the above model ASUS G75VW-DS73-3D.
- In terms of storage, this is the only model from this list that incorporates a SSD besides the usual HDD. There is a 750GB hard drive plus a 256GB SSD, meaning lightning-fast boot time and boost in overall performance.
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit operating system.
- Blu-ray writer enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW optical drive.
- Bag&Mouse, backlit keyboard with numeric pad, 802.11b/g/n wireless, 2MP camera, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI and Mini DisplayPort outputs, 4USB 3.0 ports.
- 8.7 pounds (3.94kg) weight.
- And 2 year global warranty and 1 year accidental damage protection. Check Price at Amazon
This article on the best Asus gaming laptop introduces 5 exquisite models and it’s up to you to decide which one is the best one for you by correlating the price with the technical specifications.