Best All in One Computer for the Money vs. PCs
The best all in one computer for the money can equal in performances any traditional PC, while bringing the advantage of needing a single space in your house, where the monitor is placed. The display’s case incorporates the GPU, CPU, sound card, and other electronic components. Apple is the manufacturer that set the tone for this technology however the beginnings were slow.
The major problem was registered by the fact that all these components were designed to fit in the monitor’s case. Which, in turn, raised concerns among specialists: whether these all in one desktop computers are as well performing as regular desktops. Nevertheless, good news appeared as technology evolved at an incredibly fast space. For example, some of the more modern products have TouchScreen controllers incorporated for ease of use and increased degree of customization.
I will compare the best all in one computer for the money with a laptop and the major difference between these two categories is: a laptop cannot be customized and upgraded at such an extent as desktops can be. So users are given the possibility to improve their all in one PCs as technology evolves while laptops are bound to stagnate at factory stage.
Top 3 Best All in One Computer for the Money
HP TouchSmart 520-1030 is a model quite affordable in the range of $750. Firstly, this product looks just insanely amazing so the design is definitely a strong point. Another advantage is brought by the TouchSmart technology developed by HP which allows users to go on with their daily activities with more ease, rapidity, and efficiency. The 23 inches Full HD LED backlit touchscreen display is one big portal for web browsing non-stop without getting bored.
In the technical department, regarding what’s under the case, the HP TouchSmart 520-1030 incorporates:
- 1080p (1920 x 1080 pixels) max resolution,
- 4GB DDR3 RAM (a nice upgrade is always very much welcomed very even faster performances),
- 1TB hard drive 7200RPM rotation,
- 2nd generation Intel i3 dual-core Processor that runs at 3.3GHz (3MB Cache),
- HD Graphics 2000 as graphics card that supports DirectX 10 games so you will need an upgrade if you want to play the latest, DirectX 11 games,
- The graphics card has 1696 MB RAM,
- Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit,
- 2 USB 3.0 ports and 7 USB 2.0 ports, so definitely a lot,
- Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n (2.4Ghz frequency band),
- Internal speakers Beats Audio,
- Wireless keyboard, wireless optical mouse,
- Swivel and tilt adjustments for the most comfortable positioning,
- And an unsatisfactory warranty period of only 1 year.
Sony L Series VPCL231FX/W – for most people this all in one is not affordable (approx. $970) but if you want quality foiled in one spectacular design on white then everyone should definitely consider this Sony model. The touchscreen display has 24 inches and judging by the fact that the image is sharp from every viewing angle, you might think that this is an IPS panel. However it’s an LED-backlit, which leads to incredible accurate reproduction of colors. The touchscreen makes browsing really easy, rapid, and enjoyable just like we love it so much when it comes to tablets and smartphones. Well, that technology, in this case is extended from max 10 inches to 24 inches.
Moving forward, the Sony L Series VPCL231FX/W is equipped with (you will be able to judge by yourself why this one of the best all in one computer for the money):
- 2nd generation Intel i3Processor that runs at 2.2GHz (surprisingly well),
- 4GB DDR3 RAM but you might consider easily adding another 4GB if you want to take on some hardcore gaming activities,
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 as graphic card which definitely is not Nvidia 590 but at the 1080p resolution games will run incredibly well no lag problems,
- 1TB 7200RPM hard drive,
- Windows 7 Home Premium as operating system,
- Incorporated speakers which are great for movies, games, and music listening,
- 2 USB 3.0 ports and 3 USB 2.0 ports,
- Hundreds of incorporated tools for video and audio editing,
- 2 HDMI ports,
- 802.11b/g/n wireless,
- But only 1 year warranty as a downside.
Samsung Series 7 DP700A3B-A02US falls into category of $1000 price range. I know that it’s a lot when it comes to the best all in one computer for the money however Samsung brings some great improvements:
- 23 inch LED-backlit display with Full HD 1080p resolution, which brings amazing picture quality,
- The touchscreen display can be fully laid all the way down which I guess it’s an interesting feature,
- Intel i5 dual-core 2390T Processor that runs at 2.7GHz with 3MB Cache for boosting performances,
- 8GB DDR3 SDRAM so you don’t have to worry yourself about getting an upgrade,
- Intel HD Graphics that supports DirectX 10,
- 1TB hard drive rotation 7200RPM (like the above 2 models so no difference here),
- Again like the HP and Sony models, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit as operating system,
- 802.11bgn Wireless,
- Just 1 USB 3.0 port and 4 USB 2.0,
- HDMI input and output,
- Completely customized features from battery life to networks, sound (built-in stereo speakers), and vision,
- Wireless keyboard and mouse,
- Windows Live SkyDrive for free online storage,
- And again the warranty is limited to 1 year, unfortunately.
If you are not yet decided if the best all in one computer for the money is the right one for you and you want to orientate yourself towards some standard PCs check this post.